Thursday, September 25, 2008

What is Tropical Salsa?


What is Tropical Salsa? According to the Watkins catalog, it's "an exclusive all natural blend of pineapple, bananas and chiles inspired by Caribbean fruit salsas and Indian chutneys. Use as an alternative to barbecue sauce or as a condiment to Caribbean and Asian foods."

But our Summit Group associates use it for much more than that... here's what various team members told us about how they use Tropical Salsa:

  • On burgers instead of ketchup.
  • Chicken & veggie kabobs on the grill.
  • As a dipping sauce for chicken sticks (the kids LOVED it!), over catfish fillets, brushed on chicken on the grill, and on pork chops.
  • Simply pour over chicken or fish and bake!
  • It is great on pizza!
  • I'm gonna tell my Italian wife to use it with Mostacciolli and Lasagna!
  • On some succulent baby back ribs.
  • Chicken wings.
  • Spicy rice.
  • Chicken quesadillas.
  • Tropical Salsa Is a GREAT Crab dip!
  • Tropical Salsa is great on salads too!
  • Breakfast Burritos: egg, sausage, cheese, onions, peppers, sour cream and T.S. wrapped up in a burrito.

And here are some detailed testimonials:

  • "Oh boy! Tropical Salsa is one of my very favorite things in the world! I use it on pizza - it is so good with pizza! I spread it on when I cook chicken in the skillet or on the grill. I put it on sandwiches with breaded chicken fillets. I dip chicken into it! I use it with a vast variety of frozen foods, you know those dinners that need help! Especially Italian type foods."
  • "I use Tropical Salsa for a lot of cooking. I first brown chicken or pork chops or country style ribs, then put a little over a teaspoon on each piece (less for chicken), then add a little water and put in on simmer for about 20 minutes. Makes a great tasting meal very easily. Our guests claim I'm a great cook but the Tropical Salsa is the secret and it gives me an excuse to "advertise" my Watkins products right at my kitchen table. Another good thing about this way of using Tropical Salsa is that it's easy to adjust how spicy you want the dish to be."
  • "I just received my first big order and I would like to share one of the products that really caught my fancy, the tropical salsa is one of the best tasting salsas I have ever tasted... can't wait to put in another order so I never run out."
  • "Okay! I finally broke down and purchased some of the Tropical Salsa. In a hurry I baked a turkey loaf. Even though it is good by itself, I pulled out the bottle of Tropical Salsa we had just gotten that day. Michael poured some on his plate and started dipping the turkey in it. OMG, how wonderful it tasted. Makes me think of the Hawain dishes I have tried. Wonderful."


No comments: